Christmas Tree Lane Tree Adoption Lottery
The El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce will continue the tradition of the
Highway 50 Holiday Trees in 2023. These brightly decorated trees along Highway 50 give much-needed joy to our community and travelers. Now more than ever we need to keep that spirit alive. In order to minimize the risk of exposure in our community changes have been made in our application process including tree decorating/cleanup days. We appreciate your cooperation and patience through this process.
What you need to know:
- All applications must be submitted online beginning October 2nd through Oct 23rd. No applications will be accepted in person.
- One entry per family, organization, or group. If multiples are found ALL entries will be disqualified.
- You MUST be an El Dorado County resident to apply.
- Applications will be drawn through a randomized system on October 25th
- All applicants chosen through the randomized drawing will be notified by email.
- There will be a list of backup applicants chosen through the same randomized process. Should the original winner of the drawing decline their tree within 5 days, the backup list will be implemented.
The Christmas Tree Growers Assn. has given us a generous discount on the trees to sponsor this event. In addition, seven trees will be given up for guaranteed adoption with a suggested donation of $500.00 per tree. To adopt a tree you may call the chamber office at 530-621-5885.
Hwy 50 Christmas Trees Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there any cost to participate?
Q: Do we provide our own tree?
A: NO, the tree is provided for you
Q: Can we use our Logo?
A: Yes, as long as it has no words.
A: Caltrans deemed words on the trees a driving distraction
Q: Can I send in the waivers, or do we bring them at check-in?
A: Bring at check-in
Q: Can we request an afternoon check-in time?
A: You may decorate your tree in the afternoon but must check in at your scheduled time and bring your hold harmless forms.
Q: How big are the Christmas trees?
A: 4-6 feet.