Big changes are coming to Christmas Tree Lane this year!
We are changing to lottery tree adoptions!
The El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce will continue the tradition of
Highway 50 Holiday Trees 2020 in the face of the current pandemic. The brightly
decorated trees along Highway 50 give much-needed joy to our community and
travelers. Now more than ever we need to keep that spirit alive. In order to
minimize the risk of exposure in our community changes have been made in our
application process including tree decorating/cleanup days. We appreciate your
cooperation and patience through this new process.
What you need to know:
1. All applications must be submitted online between October 15th –
October 29. No applications will be accepted in person. (Stay tuned for the
link to our applications).
2. One entry per family, organization, or group. If multiples are found ALL
entries will be disqualified.
3. You MUST be an El Dorado County resident to apply.
4. Applications will be drawn through a randomized system on November
5. All applicants chosen through the randomized drawing will be notified
by email by November 6th.
6. There will be a list of back-up applicants chosen through the same
randomized process. Should the original winner of the drawing decline their
tree within 5 days, the back-up list will be implemented.
COVID-19 Safety Restriction & Protocols
All participants must adhere to the safety restrictions and protocol. Any individual
or group who refuses to follow these restrictions will be asked to leave.
1. Each participant will be given an appointment time to check-in and receive
your assigned tree location. Do not show up before your designated time slot.
2. Groups may not exceed 8 people.
3. Masks are required.
4. If you are sick, please stay home.
5. Social distancing of 6 feet between groups and/or individuals is required.
The Christmas Tree Growers Assn has always donated the trees for Christmas Tree Lane. This year they are unable to donate the trees but have given us a generous discount. To support this project 7 trees will be given up for adoption with a suggested donation of $500.00 per tree. To adopt a tree you may call the chamber office at 530-621-5885.