Christmas Tree Lane Tree Adoption Lottery
The El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce will continue the tradition of the
Highway 50 Holiday Trees in 2021. These brightly decorated trees along Highway 50 give much-needed joy to our community and travelers. Now more than ever we need to keep that spirit alive. In order to minimize the risk of exposure in our community changes have been made in our application process including tree decorating/cleanup days. We appreciate your cooperation and patience through this process.
What you need to know:
- All applications must be submitted online beginning October 3rd through Oct 29th. No applications will be accepted in person.
- One entry per family, organization, or group. If multiples are found ALL entries will be disqualified.
3. You MUST be an El Dorado County resident to apply.
4. Applications will be drawn through a randomized system on November 1st
5. All applicants chosen through the randomized drawing will be notified by email.
6. There will be a list of backup applicants chosen through the same randomized process. Should the original winner of the drawing decline their tree within 5 days, the backup list will be implemented.
COVID-19 Safety Restriction & Protocols
All participants must adhere to the safety restrictions and protocol. Any individual or group who refuses to follow these restrictions will be asked to leave.
1. Each participant will be given an appointment time to check in and receive your assigned tree location. Do not show up before your designated time slot.
2. Groups may not exceed eight people.
3. Due to the spread of the covid variant we request that participants wear masks.
4. If you are sick, please stay home.
5. Social distancing of 6 feet between groups and/or individuals if required.
The Christmas Tree Growers Assn. has given us a generous discount on the trees to sponsor this event. In addition, seven trees will be given up for guaranteed adoption with a suggested donation of $500.00 per tree. To adopt a tree you may call the chamber office at 530-621-5885.